Category Archives: Festivals
Kangaroo Valley Folk Festival 2022
It was great to be back at a real, live, face-to-face folk festival. Here we are in the Pavilion with our new member, Jude Alexander.
2017 National Folk Festival highlights
Although the Forties weren’t booked at the 2107 National, the Southern Cross Trawlers (Margaret, Don and Chris) were on the programme – opening the festival with a song session in the Bohemia Bar on the Thursday night and the Saturday night session too, presenting the Cabbage Tree Hat story, and a concert on the final day.
It was a privilege to sing in the big tribute to Danny Spooner in the main venue. Margaret sang “Tolpuddle Man” with Ruth Hazelton and Kerrie Maguire, and with Chris in the finale of John Tams’ “Rolling Home”.
The Song Goes On – NFF 2016
Here we are at the 2016 National Folk Festival’s Spiegel Zeit venue with our themed concert “The Song Goes On”. An hour of songs about songs…
If you look carefully you can see Robin in profile between John and Chris.
2016 National Folk Festival – 50th festival!
The Full Strength Roaring Forties will be at the National Folk Festival – with lots of songs with choruses. It’s the fiftieth National Folk Festival and the 24th at EPIC in Canberra. We’re really excited!
Here’s where to find us:
- Thursday 24th March from 7.30–10pm in the Bohemia Bar. The Roaring Forties are hosting a Welcome Singing Session.
We’ll be encouraging people to come along and lead their favourite chorus songs and to make the rafters ring with the harmonies.
- Friday 25th March from 10-11 in the Trocadero. Songs and poems of C. Fox Smiths in a presentation called: “Shellback Sheila“.
- Saturday 26th March from 11.20am – 12.20pm in the Spiegel Zeit. This time the Forties have a workshop called “The Song Goes On” – chorus songs about songs – and we want everyone to join in.
- Saturday night from 9.30pm in the Terrace – The Forties are hosting the singing session – everyone welcome to come and lead songs.
- Monday 27th March from 10.50am – 11.30am in the Scrumpy Bar – concert spot
Something else you’re sure to enjoy!
- Sunday 27th March from 1.30pm – 2.30pm in the Trocadero – Margaret (from the RFs) will be joining Danny and Gael Spooner and Duncan Brown singing songs of the Watersons. Lots more rafter-raising!