Author Archives: Margaret
The Roaring Forties and singers from the Redfern Shanty Club will be participating throughout the three days of the Classic & Wooden Boat Festival at the National Maritime Museum in Darling Harbour.
The festival runs from the 15th – 17th April 2016. We’re on at 2pm on Friday and Saturday and 3pm Sunday – come along and join in!
The Full Strength Roaring Forties will be at the National Folk Festival – with lots of songs with choruses. It’s the fiftieth National Folk Festival and the 24th at EPIC in Canberra. We’re really excited!
Here’s where to find us:
- Thursday 24th March from 7.30–10pm in the Bohemia Bar. The Roaring Forties are hosting a Welcome Singing Session.
We’ll be encouraging people to come along and lead their favourite chorus songs and to make the rafters ring with the harmonies.
- Friday 25th March from 10-11 in the Trocadero. Songs and poems of C. Fox Smiths in a presentation called: “Shellback Sheila“.
- Saturday 26th March from 11.20am – 12.20pm in the Spiegel Zeit. This time the Forties have a workshop called “The Song Goes On” – chorus songs about songs – and we want everyone to join in.
- Saturday night from 9.30pm in the Terrace – The Forties are hosting the singing session – everyone welcome to come and lead songs.
- Monday 27th March from 10.50am – 11.30am in the Scrumpy Bar – concert spot
Something else you’re sure to enjoy!
- Sunday 27th March from 1.30pm – 2.30pm in the Trocadero – Margaret (from the RFs) will be joining Danny and Gael Spooner and Duncan Brown singing songs of the Watersons. Lots more rafter-raising!
On Friday 4.45pm in the Nags Lounge you can catch the Forties presenting settings of the nautical poems of Cicely Fox Smith, and we have a concert spots in the Odeon at 1.15 on Saturday and 11.30am on Sunday. There’s 75% quirky new repertoire at the latter with LOTS of choruses!!
Check out the other marvellous acts who’ll be there.