|14-17 January 2016
||Illawarra Folk Festival – 14-17 January 2016.
On Friday 4.45pm in the Nags Lounge the Forties presented settings of the nautical poems of Cicely Fox Smith. We had concert spots in the Odeon at 1.15 on Saturday and at 11.30am on Sunday.
A 75% quirky new repertoire at the latter with LOTS of choruses!!
|24-28 April 2016
||The Full Strength Roaring Forties played at the National Folk Festival – with lots of songs with choruses. It was the fiftieth National Folk Festival and the 24th at EPIC in Canberra.
Here’s a list of our performances:
- Thursday 24th March from 7.30–10pm in the Bohemia Bar. The Roaring Forties hosted a Welcome Singing Session to make the rafters ring with the harmonies.
- Friday 25th March from 10-11 in the Trocadero. Songs and poems of C. Fox Smiths in a presentation called: “Shellback Sheila“.
- Saturday 26th March from 11.20am – 12.20pm in the Spiegel Zeit. This time the Forties have a workshop called “The Song Goes On” – chorus songs about songs – and we want everyone to join in.
- Saturday night from 9.30pm in the Terrace – The Forties are hosting the singing session – everyone welcome to come and lead songs.
- Monday 27th March from 10.50am – 11.30am in the Scrumpy Bar – concert spot
Something else you’re sure to enjoy!
- Sunday 27th March from 1.30pm – 2.30pm in the Trocadero – Margaret (from the RFs) will be joining Danny and Gael Spooner and Duncan Brown singing songs of the Watersons. Lots more rafter-raising!
|28th May 2016
|| The Roaring Forties and Redfern Shanty Club share the bill at the Loaded Dog.It was be a fabulous night of chorus singing in Annandale….
The Old Farts and the Young Turks as belted out some big shanties at the Loaded Dog Folk Club.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: